How To Monetize Your Business’s Email Marketing with TRAT Strategy!
Let’s Talk About TRAT Strategy for Email Marketing!
TRAT Strategy for Email Marketing stands for Targeted, Relevant, Automatic and Timed. All four of them are key values for any successful email marketing or email auto-responding system for your online business.
TRAT is Probably The Best Email Marketing Strategy Out there!
By “Targeted” we are referring to the targeted funnels in which you should send your emails. Each product you sell has a different use or purpose, which means that there are different types of potential customers who you are going to encounter. Each one of them is looking for a specific product in your portfolio, so it is recommended to categorize and organize your goods or services.
The purpose of this is to allow you to send out relevant emails that will truly add value to your potential clients. The idea is to spark interest and root your readers towards a purchase. This also avoids sending out irrelevant emails to the wrong people which may lead to spamming your emails, blocklisting or quota issues. Let’s face it, we hate getting spammed!
For each one of your products, you should plan a dedicated workflow. A workflow is a set of automatic emails that will be triggered and sent once a subscriber has clicked on a specific product or service from your website. This can also be a specific page the viewer has visited or any other trigger. I.e contact initiation, adding to cart, running out of credit, etc.
Let’s give an example:
say you are a beauty brand selling a variety of beauty products. then a potential client just clicked on the “facial serums” category on your site. Thanks to tracking features that you can place, you will be able to track the audiences’ activities. This way you will know that the clicker (potential client) is interested in your facial serums. Once the system will recognize this trigger, this clicker (referred to as an audience) will start receiving emails about this specific category or serums products that she or he viewed. The workflow that will start sending scheduled emails, will contain content that is relevant to the specific interests of your audience. The idea is to funnel the audience back into purchasing and the content may include (in this case):
- Benefits of your facial serums
- Why should one buy the serums?
- What are they made of, and what makes them different from the competition?
- Testimonials from clients
- Discounts and great deals can be offered as well
Now, this is just an example to give you a clear idea. The main idea is to encourage them to make a purchase on the product that they are interested in.
Not all email marketing platforms include advanced tracking features that will allow you to build an auto-responding system.
The following platforms are recommended since they allow tracking, triggering, and integration:
Workflows are always pre-set, pre-planned, pre-defined, and strategized. This means that all the funnels should be organized and placed in advance. To make sure that the workflows you send out are effective and deliver great results, everything should be planned out before you activate the flows.
READ THE ARTICLE: HOW TO CREATE WINNING MARKETING FUNNELS!
How do you do this?
- First it is recommended to analyze and review your brand. You need to have a clear idea of the goods that you offer. It sounds obvious but many times it is not. Then you need to plan the process and create great content that your prospects will want to read.
- You should plan and strategize and incorporate your ideas and the online tools that you are using to get the best output.
- Next step- Event and Trigger Map:
Creating an event &trigger map is planning your workflows and the automatic email system. This map should contain titles, ideas for content, and a map that states what exactly happens when a prospect clicks on a certain button (where will he be redirected to, or what are the set of emails that he will receive because he clicked on that button). This shows what path he will take on, once he clicks a certain link and triggers the system.
- You can decide on what type of triggers should be placed on your site, and which workflow should be automatically triggered (triggers are based on the behavior or activity of the client on your site).
For this case study, we will use SendinBlue as an example of an email marketing platform that can be used.
SendInBlue is an email marketing tool that automates and manages your relationship with your audience. With Sendinblue you can build a Lead Magnet, lead management and sales enhancement email system. This system will significantly help you promote the products or services that you sell, or to promote your brand. With email automation, you can automate many actions including sending emails and SMS messages, organizing contacts into different lists, and updating information in your contact database.
Transactional Emails: SendInBlue can also monitor the emails that are being sent to the users. Transactional Emails are not limited to Email Campaigns and will include other types of email such as user confirmations, and password resets.
Automation Workflows – With Sendinblue you can create automated tasks based on custom scenarios. In this article, we will explain how to structure sophisticated automatic workflows triggers.
A Marketing Automation workflow is a communication experience that you design as a process that your prospects will experience. These workflows contain certain tasks that will function once they get triggered. Triggers are placed on the entry point of the workflow.
- Entry point: Entry points are the condition to filter your contacts and allow them to begin the workflow. You can specify several different entry points, e.g. when a form is submitted or when a specific page is visited.
- Action: Action is when an email or SMS is sent. The “actions” are not necessarily an “exit point” of the workflow; they can take place throughout the workflow and at the end
SendinBlue has a tracking feature that can be utilized.
- If using WordPress, the SendInBlue plug-in can be used to seamlessly integrate it. Once installed, simply login by entering your API key.
- If not using WordPress, copy, and paste the tracking code just before the closing tag of the website.
- Implementation instructions
- Activate Marketing Automation feature on your Apps page.
- Go to Automation > Settings > Tracking code.
- Copy-paste the tracking code just before the closing tag in your website.
- If you don’t have a tag, you can add the script just before the tag.
Once the tracking code has been implemented, visit the website. SendInBlue should send a notification on the Automation page telling the user that they’ve tracked activity on the website.
After every plan has been thought out and strategized, we now work our magic!
- We create great content to keep the client interested. Each flow can contain a minimum of 5 emails and a maximum of 10, depending on the product or event of your business.
- We design the email workflows to make them aesthetically pleasing to the eyes of the receivers.
- We then set up the automation with the content and design we made so the client will start receiving emails.
We also create general workflows for your clients that are not doing any activity from your site. This will remind them that your brand is existing and will engage them to visit you at some point.
As described, you won’t be spending hours from your precious time sending all the workflows that you made to each and every person on your lists. You can have a system for sending emails from the workflows, this is called Email Automation. This avoids the hassle of sending emails manually.
You can set the workflows to be sent on a specific time frame such as once a day, once a week or even bi-weekly. All of these are set in advance.
There will be instances where a client is very interested in your product however he does not need it at the moment. So he just clicks on the button from the email leading him to your product page which he is interested in. Then he may leave the site afterwards without any purchase. Yes, he may then try to remember your brand and the product. He may even remind himself to come back sometime and make a purchase.
However, as time goes on he may forget your brand and buy from a different brand with a similar purpose to your product. This happens very often! Normally, the prospect will forget that he has set his mind to buy your product just because he has not seen lately anything to remind him that your brand is still out there. And just like that, you lose a sale. This is where you apply the marketing funnels.
There has been an old trick in the market that has been effective and marked as a classic instead of outdated. It says appearing at least seven times can boost the decision-making process of your client towards buying from you, especially when they put you on hold when they cannot decide yet.
Do NOT Compete with the noise. Add Value
Just like you, there are many businesses out there in the market and they are hungry for paying customers. You have to compete with them, make sure that you are NOT competing on whos making to greatest noise, instead focus on quality content. People are flooded with information. If you would be the one providing the information that they really need at the moment, you will be rewarded by them.